Your Down Payment

Many buyers qualify for several different kinds of mortgages, but they can't afford a large down payment. Here are a few straightforward ways to put together your down payment

Cut expenses and save. Turn your budget upside-down to discover extra money to save for your down payment. There are bank programs through which a specific portion of your paycheck is automatically deposited into a savings account every pay period. Some practical strategies to save additional funds include moving into housing that is less expensive, and staying home for your vacation this year.

Sell things you don't really need and get a part-time job. Maybe you can get an additional job and save your earnings. You can also get creative about the items you could be able to put up for sale. A closetful of small things could add up to a nice sum at a garage or tag sale. You can also look into what your investments may sell for.

Borrow from a retirement plan. Investigate the provisions of your retirement program. You may pull out funds from a 401(k) for you down payment or withdraw from an Individual Retirement Account. Be sure you know about any penalties, the way this could affect on your income taxes, and repayment terms.

Ask for a generous gift from family. First-time homebuyers somtimes receive help with their down payment assistance from gracious parents and other family members who are eager to help them get into their first home. Your family members may be pleased to help you reach the milestone of having your own home.

Research housing finance agencies. Provisional mortgate loan programs are given to homebuyers in certain circumstances, like low income buyers or homebuyers looking to improve houses in a certain place, among others. Working through this kind of agency, you probably will get an interest rate that is below market, down payment assistance and other advantages. These kinds of agencies may assist eligible buyers with a lower rate of interest, help with your down payment, and provide other advantages. The primary purpose of non-profit housing finance agencies is boosting home ownership in specific areas.

Find out about low-down and no-down mortgage loans.

  • FHA loans

    The Federal Housing Administration (FHA), which is part of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), plays a vital part in assisting low to moderate-income buyers qualify for mortgage loans. Part of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development(HUD), FHA (Federal Housing Administration) assists homebuyers in qualifying for mortgages. FHA assists first-time buyers and others who may not be eligible for a typical mortgage loan on their own, by providing mortgage insurance to the lenders. Interest rates with an FHA loan typically feature the current interest rate, but the down payment requirements with an FHA mortgage are less than those of conventional loans. Closing costs might be included in the mortgage, while your down payment may be as low as 3% of the purchase price.

  • VA mortgages

    With a guarantee from the Department of Veterans Affairs, a VA loan assists service people and veterans. This special loan requires no down payment, has reduced closing costs, and provides the benefit of a competitive rate of interest. While it's true that the mortgages don't originate from the VA, the office verfifies applicants by providing eligibility certificates.

  • Piggy-back loans

    A piggy-back loan is a second mortgage that closes with the first. Generally the first mortgage is for 80% of the cost of the home and the "piggyback" is for 10%. The homebuyer pays the remaining 10%, instead of needing to put together the usual 20% down payment.

  • Carry-Back loans

    With a carry-back mortgage, the you borrow a portion of the seller's home equity.. In this scenario, you would finance the majority of the purchase price with a traditional lending institution and finance the remainder with the seller. Usually this kind of second mortgage has higher interest.

The satisfaction will be the same, no matter how you manage to come up with your down payment. Your brand new home will be your reward!

Want to discuss down payment options? Give us a call: 214-869-7339.